Friday, January 17, 2014

training 1.17.2014

Gorgeous, warm day here.

Assault + AG, dynamic shoulder work.  Shoulder hurt anyway during training, but it might have been worse.

Bench press, 2 w-u sets, 3x8 with 1s flex at the top, wide grip
Incline press, 6RM, beat last time, had about 3 wheels on the bar, so I'm pleased

Pec dec, 4xfailure
Dip machine, big ROM, 4xfailure (was supposed to do 2xfail, but read it wrong and did 4 sets)

Reverse pec dec, 20/15/12/10 with hard flex each rep
Pendlay row, 3x15 with wide grip
DB side laterals, just used 25# DBs because my right shoulder didn't like me a lot; strangely, laterals did not aggravate it, but I didn't want to push my luck

Called it.  I'll be glad when the New Years resolution crowd thins, because it was packed with stupid today, and stupid of all ages.  Saw lots of middle aged guys doing partials with bizarre things for a ROM of about an inch (several, I do not kid); saw two women sit on a machine and chat for 30 minutes without doing a single set between them.  After 30 minutes, without anyone saying anything to them and never having lifted a weight, they moved on to another machine. 

Anyway, I survived and it's not my job to pass judgment on everyone else.  I just do it for entertainment, I guess.

Hope you have a nice weekend.  Don't care much about Peyton v. Brady, but I'd like to see the Seahawks trounce the Niners.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. "I'd like to see the Seahawks trounce the Niners."

    You got your wish. :)

    ReplyDelete