Monday, June 4, 2012

training 6.4.2012

Cloudy day today, and work is fraying nerves a little.

Fair amount of dynamic work to warm up and a lot of bar work.  Wore knee sleeves, elbow sleeves, Spud velcro wrist wraps, belt for the heavies squatting.

Started with the usual B-Ala/creatine mix.  Downed MGPM during and after.

Squat x2@8.5 + -5%: hit 350kg plus one fatigue set; everything felt heavy today

2 count bench x4@9 + -5%: 220kg plus two fatigue sets; these felt pretty good, tight

DB extensions x7@9 + -5%: 110# plus a couple of fatigue sets; love these

Not sure why the squats were off today.  And I mean they felt really heavy, even out of the hole where I usually race.  Time to post video I guess, as I usually descend slowly and power up.  Not today.

On the other hand, the benching felt great for once.  I've gotten to the point that nothing really feels heavy until I pass 405, but it isn't translating to a higher max yet.  I'll get there.  Any improvement next test will be welcome.

Trundling into All-stars for baseball, and I agree to be the coach for some reason.  Training may have to move to morning.  We'll see.

Anyway, thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment