Friday, June 15, 2012

training 6.14.2012

Cloudy and humid today, at least for SD.

Started with B-Ala/creatine and no dynamic work.  Worked up slowly with the bar work to compensate.

Wore elbow sleeves and velcro wrist wraps.  Only water during today.

Bench +chain x3@8.5 + 0%: worked up to 200kg plus all the chain I have; got one fatigue set and felt fine, though shoulders are a little beaten up
Good Morning x5@9 + 0%: reached 200kg and crapped out; got one fatigue set
Push Press x6@9 + 0%: used fat DBs rather than bar and worked up to 50kg DBs, one fatigue set

Shoulders aren't particularly happy right now, specifically right.  Used the DBs to be able to better modulate and work peripheral structure without as much weight.  At least I think that's the concept.

Next session is another max day, and I'm already feeling a little intimidated.  I will have to do something about that, though not sure what.

Felt good today despite everything.  All-Star baseball for the boy starts tomorrow, and I am a little preoccupied with that.  Need to get my head screwed on.

Most things are feeling good, though this week has been mentally tough.  I need to clear something, though not sure what.  Don't really want to get under 800 pounds with my mind anywhere else, so I will have to do some psyching up for next time.

Anyway, thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment