Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 4 week 18

Had to pick up the boy from the first day of school, so I snuck training in late. Needed it.

Hot day today -- no breeze, fairly humid. Good stuff in the rumpus room.

Started with AtLarge Results and the Shelby mix, elbow sleeves, wrist wraps. No Spike, no Tork, no knee sleeves, no briefs.

I did some dynamic work and a lot of bar work to warm up before getting to it. Shoulders were fine today.

All exercises were 3 sets of 5-7 with about 180s between.

Military press, seated, fat bar: 3 x 7 reps with last week's weight. Everything worked well today, though each set was tough. One of those days that I felt like I had to gut them all up but got them all too. So be it.

DB tricep press: 3x7 reps I used my 30kg DBs with skinny handles and did simple presses with no swing and no roll, just like last time. Left elbow barked during the first set but was fine after that. I should have pushed the weight up to 35 kilos, but I was too uninspired to make the change. It's ok, as it was still good work. Next time.

Squat
: 3 x 7 reps 220 kg on the 1500lb Texas bar. Strict form, no briefs, wraps, or sleeves. I expect my hips/glutes to be sore, which was the idea. I used my Spud DL belt for torso support, closed loosely. Just wanted something to push my gut against.

It was good to get back to squatting. I need something else for quad work that won't leave me gasping too badly but will require some quad work. Heavy step-ups work great, but amount to a serious cardio session. Might have to suck that up and just do it, though, as I'm feeling like I'm returning to sticks for legs. Not the way I want to be.

A good, tough day. Work is going to kick my butt this week, so I need all the emotional and mental health work I can get. This was a good start.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment