Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 3 week 17

At it hard this afternoon. Very warm day, lots of stressful stuff going on at work, put it all behind me and worked in the rumpus room. Great for working out the cobwebs.

Started with AtLarge Results and the usual Shelby mix. No Spike, no Tork today. Just sweat.

Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps.

All sets 5-7 reps, 180s between, all to positive failure (or worse).

Rows: 3 sets x 7 reps. Bench incline was 50 degrees. Raised the weight 5 kilos just to feel like I was getting something done. Ran off three legit sets of 7 with good form, dying on the last. Pretty solid, but still feel like I need more, so I added...

Clean: 3 x 7 reps with a little bit of weight. Just wanted the feel and to polish off my upper back. It worked.

Fly fat DB: 3 sets with 70 kg and ran them doggcrapp style again. Same weight as last time. Got 25 reps first set(+3), 14 second (+2), 6 third (+0). Felt great and made progress. Still a little chicken to raise the weight again, particularly since I lift the weight up off of my quads right over the tear. Didn't hurt today, so maybe nothing to worry about. We'll see.

Fat rope drag curl: 3 x 7. Again I used the two-inch rope looped around the handle of one of my fat DBs with 70 kilos loaded and did drag curls. Honestly, these are still fantastic. Today I just a whole bunch of sets of 7.

Calf: Loaded up the SSB and did 50 rep sets off the platform. Did three sets and calves were screaming, so I guess I'm getting better.

I'm still progressing even with the leg. We'll see what happens next time when I'm supposed to squat (but won't with any weight.) Still, feeling pretty good about things.

Gotta go look at a classic Blazer I'm thinking about buying as a restoration project with the boy. Got to show him how to fix things, own something, make an engine run, how to tune it, how to care for stuff. Looking forward to it.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment