Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 1 week 18

Cloudy morning this morning. Ferruggia is tweeting about the same situation in Santa Monica, which is about 100 miles north of here. Guess it's just an odd summertime in SoCal.

Ok, so I'm starting to chafe under the edict that I take it easy on the quad. The chafing came about a week earlier than I thought it would. I'll make it, but it's not easy. No pain, slight twinges on beginning dynamic work on the legs, but I can still feel the lesion. Big reminder. I'll be good for a while longer.

Warm morning, not much breeze, so the fan was on lightly in the rumpus room.

Started with Shelby mix and Results. I might have to go back to Results and Surge Workout Fuel, as expensive as that stuff is. I just love the way it fuels my intensity, no puns intended.

Wore sleeves for the pullups and wrist wraps for bench. Went back to the classic order today and used the poor man's loose bench shirt, aka Smelly's Slingshot, for the bench. Have to lose the elbow sleeves to get it over my biceps, but it's fine.

All sets were 8-10 reps under control to positive failure.

Pullups: 3x10 reps +75#
Warmed up with unweighted pullups in small sets until I was confident and then went straight to it. I added 30 pounds to the weight today just to kick my ass. I only got eight reps on the last set, but I felt good about everything. I need a plate-loaded row/lat pulldown to polish a day like this off, frankly, but am too cheap to shell out $800 for it. If I could find the stainless poles and slides, I'd weld one up myself.

Incline Curl: 3x10 reps 60#
These were pretty hard but I was pretty determined. Kept the weight under control and squeezed each rep off. No swinging, though the last set was really tough. Felt great and no tendon or elbow issues at all.

Bench: 3x10 reps 220kg
I dropped the weight ten kilos total and put on the Slingshot to get a feel for it. It really is the loose shirt for the poor boy and makes ballistic lifting a little too easy, but works great if you're judicious about it. I have to say I like it, though it's a bitch to get over my arms. Did three sets of 10 reps pretty easily and will add more weight next time. No grooving with this thing, really, so it works pretty easily and kept my shoulders nicely in line. No shoulder or elbow pain at all today and no right side weakness. I have to say, I like it.

Calves: 3x50 SSB with some weight
Did them all off a 6" platform and worked on full ROM. Added weight over last time and draped a bunch of chains around my shoulders. They hurt this time. Hoping I feel it tomorrow.

Another great day. Keep up the good work, boys, and let me know how you're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment