Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 1 week 19

Tough work week ended nicely, just in time for a three-day weekend. Awesome.

Warm day, beautiful here, not too humid. Nothing hurting going in, though sleep has been suffering. Suspect that's just work weaseling its way in.

Started with the usual Results and Shelby protocol. Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps -- no other support.

Started with a bunch of dynamic and band work, did a bunch of bar work to warm up, and got to it.

All sets were 8-10 reps under control to positive failure.

Pullups: 3x10 reps +75#
Like last time, I warmed up with unweighted pullups in small sets until I was confident and then went straight to it. Got 15 the first set, 12 the second, 9 the third. These were tougher than anticipated for some reason. No idea why.

Incline Curl: 3x10 reps 60#
These were easier this week, though no idea why they would be. No swinging, pinch and hold at the top. No pain, no cramps, just work. Nice.

Bench: 3x10 reps 240kg
Added ten kilos to each side and psyched up. Got 8 reps the first and second, but 10 the last. Not sure why, but the last seemed much easier. Go figure. Maybe I didn't warm up enough, though it seemed like I was warming up too much. Whatever, I'll take it. This is a lot of weight. The first set was quite tough, and the second I narrowed the grip a little and couldn't compare it. Whatever.

Calves: 3x50 lots of chains
Did them all off a 6" platform and worked on full ROM. Threw four strands of chains over my shoulders and pushed them out. Felt ok, though I've never enjoyed calves. Might explain why I don't have any.

Good day today, guys. Good sweat, good lifts, good weight. Progress.

Have a great long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment