Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 1 week 20

This work was actually performed Thursday the 16th. Just got caught up in stuff and didn't post.

I've been considering going back to 5/3/1 or a simple Westside protocol to shake things up. Not sure. This routine of Shelby's has worked and I've made progress, so I shouldn't complain.

Started with Results and the Shelby protocol and added Biotest Surge Workout Fuel. They've changed it up a bit, so I'll have to see if I still like it as much as the old stuff. Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps -- no other support.

Started with a bunch of dynamic and band work, did a bunch of bar work to warm up, and got to it.

All sets were 8-10 reps under control to positive failure.

Pullups: 3x10 reps +75#
Like last time, I warmed up with unweighted pullups in small sets until I was confident and then went straight to it. Got 15 all three sets. First and third sets were significantly tougher than the second.

Incline Curl: 3x10 reps 65#
Added a little weight to each hand. These were tough, but I got ten reps each set. Forearms were feeling it too.

Bench: 3x10 reps 230kg
Dropped ten kilos from last time, kept grip wide, stuck with solid form and tight upper back. They were pretty easy, actually. Need to go back up with the weight next time. Good range of motion, really, though my right shoulder still feels weaker.

Calves: 3x50 lots of chains
Did them all off a 6" platform and worked on full ROM. Threw four strands of chains over my shoulders and pushed them out.

It was a good day and hard work. I needed it. Hope everyone has a good day today too.

No comments:

Post a Comment