Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day 4 week 20

Got started a little late today, and it was a hot one. A Santa Ana is blowing in and the temp as raced up quickly, though it's still nowhere near what the rest of you deal with. Just hot for around here.

Had a headache to start and felt like my head would explode by the end. Time to sack up.

Started with AtLarge Results and the Shelby mix, elbow sleeves, wrist wraps. No Spiking today. Loose briefs and knee sleeves for the squats.

I did a fair amount of dynamic work and a lot of bar work to warm up before getting to it. Everything felt ok going in.

All exercises were 3 sets of 5-7 with about 180s between.

Military press, seated, regular bar, wide: 3 x 7 reps with the same weight as last week. Felt a little barking in the right shoulder posterior process, but it only served to keep me from feeling the weight as it descended -- no pain. It's just a weird feeling, like the arm isn't there. The arm tends to lag a little on the press itself. Really concentrated hard on pulling the bar apart, which helps the shoulder weakness immensely. Also makes the weight go up easier.

Elbows-out triceps extensions: 3x7 reps I used my 80kg fat DBs for the first set and dropped to the 35kilo skinny set for the last two. Did the last two sets doggcrapp style after the first set was 7 reps. Felt really good. I'll try to build up to using the fats for the whole exercise -- just didn't have the pop in them after military to do even two sets with the fats.

Squat
: 3 x 7 reps 170 kg on the SSB. Did 8 reps first set -- was too busy listening to my body and did an extra rep. The next two were clean and deep. These felt really good, though with my head hurting, I thought I might fall over the last set. Really thought I'd puke, but somehow didn't. The thought of having to redo all the carbs I have in my gut made me hold it all the harder.

Great day, though painful. Keeping it short because my head hurts. The work was good, the weight came up, and I'm back to making progress with the legs.

Have a great day and roll Tide.

No comments:

Post a Comment