Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 3 week 19

I'm gonna have to start lifting in the morning, I'm afraid. Afternoon/evening is too inconsistent.

Started withe Results and the Shelby mix. Warmed up a little but was too impatient to get into it.

Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps.

All sets 5-7 reps, 180s between, all to positive failure (or worse).

Rows: 3 sets x 7 reps. Bench incline was 50 degrees. Raised the weight 10 kilos again. Pulled as smoothly as possible to a pinch and got three sets of 6 reps. I feel good about this. Not sure why it seemed harder today, but I got 'em and closed with failure. So I'm happy.

Kroc rows: 3 sets x 10 reps with the fat DBs loaded with 75 kilos. Concentrated on dragging the elbow back and getting scap retraction. Felt good.

Chain snatch: 3 x 10 reps with about 60# chain in each hand with the handles. With the Krocs, the last set of these killed.

Fly fat DB: 3 sets with 75 kg this time and ran them doggcrapp style again. Got 17 (+2) reps first set, 14 (+2) second, 10 (+2) third with a ten (deep) breath rest between sets. Right shoulder didn't like the kick-ups, but was fine during reps. Think that's more about ROM than anything else. Got good sets and am making progress, so nothing to change yet.

Fat rope drag curl: 3 x 8 with 75 kilos on the DB. These are still tough and I'm still making progress, so I'll keep them in rotation for now.

Calf: Threw the two chain sets I'd used for snatch over my shoulders and did 3 sets of 50 rep sets off the platform.

Got several errands to run tonight, so I might take the Blazer out for them. The thing is a kick. The workout was good. Just need to eat more.

Great day, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment