Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 3 week 20

Got started a little late -- work's been work. Still a lot of drama going on, and weird environmental stuff there; the office has started giving me headaches. Seriously, there seems to be some off-gassing from the a/c or something and my office smells like natural gas. Been giving me terrible headaches and yet I don't smell it. Maybe it's me.

Anyway,...

Started with Results and the Shelby mix. Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps.

All sets 5-7 reps, 180s between, all to positive failure (or worse).

Kroc rows: 3 sets x 8 reps with the fat DBs loaded with 80 kilos. Concentrated on dragging the elbow back and getting scap retraction. Frankly, they were a little easy. Next time I'll go up another 5kg.

Chain snatch: 3 x 8 reps with about 60# chain in each hand with the handles. These were easier this time too. Maybe my upper back and shoulder work is finally paying dividends.

Fly fat DB: 3 sets with 80 kg this time and ran them doggcrapp style again. Got 18 reps first set, 13 second, 11 third with a ten (deep) breath rest between sets. Everything went pretty well, frankly, so I'm very happy. Shoulders and elbows were fine. I'll go up here too when I raise the fats for the Krocs. We'll see.

Fat rope drag curl: 3 x 8 with 80 kilos on the DB. Still loving these and still making progress.

Calf: Threw a bunch of weight on the SSB and did Doggcrapp style 12-reps sets to failure three times. These were tough.

It seems to have gotten dark early today. I dunno. I'm also kind of angry, and it was a good time to head into the rumpus room. Life would seem a lot tougher if I couldn't do this.

Changed the steering wheel on the Blazer to a full wood wheel -- absolutely gorgeous. The old stock plastic thing was getting sticky and leaving black marks on the hands, it had degraded so much. The new one is awesome and the boy is beside himself. He helped me pull the old one and put on the new one, and of course had a great time testing the horn. Next is an appointment to take it to see a hot rodder down in old Solana Beach to see whether to calibrate the Quadrajet on the 383 stroker or throw a Holley on the thing. Or maybe just start saving to throw an LS2 monster with a new electronic overdrive tranny in there. Just dreamin'. I'm hoping he can make the Q'jet purr, because that'll be a lot (lot, lot, lot) cheaper. We'll see. The need for horsepower is a disease, plain and simple -- like some other things, there's never enough.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment