Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 1 week 21

A Santa Ana has blown through Sandy Eggo and the temps are rather high for us weather wimps. It made the rumpus room stinkin' hot, so the fan was blasting. Yeah, it's nothing like you guys in the Midwest in summer, but hot for around here. Got up to 112 in Rancho Bernardo two days ago and into the 90s here at Casa Mojo. Good day to sweat.

Started with Results, the Shelby protocol, and Biotest Surge Workout Fuel. Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps -- no other support. The tunes were heavy with Godsmack and Sasquatch today, which was fine with me.

Started with some dynamic and band work, did a bunch of bar work to warm up, and got to it.

All sets were 8-10 reps under control to positive failure.

Pullups: 3x10 reps +75# with the 2-inch rope
Just to make it a special bastard, I snaked the 2-inch rope around the pullup bar and did my reps hangin', super-wide grip. Got 15 all three sets. The bastard bit worked, as my forearms were pumped uncomfortably. Gonna have to do this again.

Incline Curl: 3x10 reps 65#
Same as always -- didn't feel like pushing it after the pullups. Yeah, call me a wuss if you must.

Bench: 3x10 reps 240kg
Raised the weight back up ten kilos. The first two sets were tough, but the third easier -- had a better groove and was just more comfortable. Worked on tight lats for all and pulled the bar hard, which always helps. Got two extra reps on the last set.

Calves: 3x50 lots of chains
Did them all off a 6" platform and worked on full ROM. Again threw four of the big chains over my shoulders and pushed them out.

My right shoulder wasn't happy with the benching, but did fine. No pain. Everything worked, the weight went up easily. I'm pretty worn, which is nice. Days 1 are usually pretty benign, and this one was no exception. Still, I'm pretty tired, just like I like it. Think I'll take the Blazer out for ice cream tonight just because I can.

Great day, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment