Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 2 week 21

Posting late because I had to go coach a baseball game.

I used Results, Surge WF, and the Shelby mix per usual.

Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps for the upper work, loose briefs and knee sleeves for lower. Warmed up with a lot of dynamic work and bar weight before each.

All exercises were 3 sets of 8-10 with 180s rest between, all to positive failure.

Shoulder work: 3 sets of 10 reps with 35# again. Held each rep at the top and worked to avoid swinging at the bottom. Shoulders felt fine. Fairly tough today, which is interesting since last time they were easy. I'm a little surprised the weight isn't going up here, but I'm too careful of my shoulders to push it. Once again I followed them up with...

Posterior fly: 3 sets of 10 reps with 30# each hand, seat at about 30 degrees from flat. These just clobber whatever is left in my shoulders, which makes the NGB interesting.

Narrow Grip Bench Press with the fat bar: 150 kilos x 3 x 10. Weight up ten kilos -- these felt good today, with the exception of my shoulders wanting to cramp. Kept lats tight, worked on grooving them square over my chest, and felt good about it.

SSB box squat to parallel: 3 x 10. Set up the box just below parallel and added another 10 kilos per side. The first set was easy enough that I wondered if I'd made a mistake. I shouldn't have wondered. The third was hard and I'm still wobbly eight hours later.

Great day, good progress in a couple of areas, and still developing confidence in the left quad.

Keep at it, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment