Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 3 week 22

Gorgeous morning, starting off a little chilly for SD. Worked until 10:00 last night teaching a Masters class and just had to get in some training this morning. Felt fantastic.

Started with Results and the Shelby mix. Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps. Started before the hour I'm s'posed to let the Results sit -- oh well.

All sets 5-7 reps, 180s between, all to positive failure (or worse).

Kroc rows: 3 sets x 8 reps with the fat DBs loaded with 85 kilos. Grip suffered a little, as the fats don't have knurling. Chalk doesn't help much with these, but it's an obsession -- can't lift without it.

Posterior fly: 3 x 10 reps with 25 pound plates freehanded. Just did these to polish off my upper back and posterior deltoids. Felt easy, frankly. Will go up next time.

Fly fat DB: 3 sets with 85 kg this time and ran them doggcrapp style again. Got 21 (+1), 15(+2), and 10(+1) -- more than last time on all sets with more weight. Feel good about that. I still need to weld up some hooks for the fat DBs, as kicking these up is a bastard. Once up to my chest, the first heft is dead-bottom full ROM, which I don't like for these old shoulders. I need to start high. Maybe the boy and I can do some welding damage this weekend.

Fat rope drag curl: 3 x 8 with 85 kilos on the DB. Still loving these and still making progress, though they felt tough today.

Calf: Threw a bunch of weight on the SSB and did Doggcrapp style 12-reps sets to failure three times, just like last time.

Still making baby-step progress, so I'm happy. Too much layoff between training days, so these morning sessions will have to become the norm. Just need to block out my calendar until 9 or 9:30 every day. Yeah, sure. Then again, there's got to be some perk to being the boss (I'm #2, but my CEO is usually in at 9 herself).

Anyway, gorgeous day to ride the motorcycle in way too fast. Hope everyone has a liberating day -- be your best today regardless of what's holding you back. Don't accept your limitations for once, particularly outside the weight room.

No comments:

Post a Comment