Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 4 week 21

Gorgeous day here; warm but not hot, bluebird skies. Great day to sweat.

Started with AtLarge Results and the Shelby mix, elbow sleeves, wrist wraps. No Spike or Surge Workout Fuel today. Loose briefs and knee sleeves for the squats.

I did some dynamic work and a lot of bar work to warm up before getting to it. Everything felt ok going in.

All exercises were 3 sets of 5-7 with about 180s between.

Military press, seated, regular bar, wide: 3 x 7 reps with the same weight as last week. Felt pretty good though a little tougher than I anticipated. No telling why. Gutted all three full sets out, felt them in my shoulders, moved on.

Elbows-out triceps extensions: 3x7 reps Used the 35 kilo skinnies doggcrapp style. Bridged on a decline bench so that I'd be pushing down, but kept the DBs in contact with each other constantly. Really felt these. Got 21/18/13 reps, ten deep breaths between sets.

Squat
: 3 x 7 reps 170 kg on the SSB. Same weight as last time. My right hip is a little sore and I wanted to see if squats would loosen it up a little; as a result, I didn't push the weight up. These were fairly easy on the quads, so I'll take the weight up next time.

A good day, if a little cautious. Coaching baseball this afternoon, so I'll be in the sun for a few hours. Works for me.

Now to go eat as much as I can cram in. Btw, Snickers dipped in natty PB is freakin' awesome.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment