Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 1 week 22

Contemplating a return to 5/3/1, though it's been so long since I deadlifted, I'm not sure what would happen. Still, I feel the tug of occasional maxes. Been a long time.

Worked early this morning. The office can wait. Been too long anyway.

Started with Results and the Shelby protocol. Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps -- no other support.

Started with very little dynamic and band work, did a bunch of bar work to warm up, and got to it.

All sets were 8-10 reps under control to positive failure.

Pullups: 3x10 reps +85#
Used a narrow supinated grip today just to mix it up, and did them doggcrapp style. Got 20 reps in the first set, 15 second, 10 third. Interesting. I'll probably not continue DC style for pullups, but I will continue to mix up grips.

Hammer Curl: 3x10 reps 65#
Too easy today. Thought I'd hurt here after the supinated pullups, but it wasn't so. Time to move up the weight. Skinny grip DBs, btw.

Bench
: 3x10 reps 240kg
Same weight as last time, banged out 8 reps per set. These felt good, though not easy. I might stay at this weight for a while until I get 10 for all three sets.

Calves: 3x50 lots of chains
Did them all off a 6" platform and worked on full ROM. Again threw four of the big chains over my shoulders and pushed them out.

Rainy day here at the start of what's forecast to be a rainy week. I kind of like it, actually. It'll make the interstate ugly going in, but that's the price.

Hope everyone has a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment