Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 2 week 22

A little tired today. Thursday was the anniversary of my wedding and I've been drinking too much since, so dragging a little. Beautiful day, though, after a week of rain. A few clouds breaking up the monotony of perfection.

I used Results and the Shelby mix per usual. I added half a Spike to my peri-workout drink to stim up a little.

Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps for the upper work, went raw for lower. Warmed up with a lot of dynamic work and bar weight before each.

All exercises were 3 sets of 8-10 with 180s rest between, all to positive failure.

Shoulder work: 3 sets of 10 reps with 35# again. Held each rep at the top and worked to avoid swinging at the bottom. Right shoulder barked at the top of my superior acromioclavicular joint. Just a little twinge like tendinitis, though I think I just didn't warm it up well enough. Nothing now after lifting, so no biggie. I'll go back and get Magmo and Assess&Correct and figure out what I need to do better.

Narrow Grip Bench Press with the regular bar: 160 kilos x 3 x 10. Weight up ten kilos again. No shoulder trouble, though they were a little crunchy during warm-up. Fine under real tension. Last set was a bitch, so I'm happy.

SSB box squat to parallel: 3 x 10. Set up the box just below parallel and backed the weight off about 20 kilos. Just wasn't excited about squatting today, which is very, very unusual for me. So I went down to 220 kilos and did sets of 20. Didn't use my briefs or knee sleeves, and my quads were burning badly on the last reps. Very happy about this and was pumped up huge. I'll go back to the norm next time -- just didn't want to push when paranoid. My left quad vastus still aches at times, so I'm constantly massaging it during the day and worrying about squat days. I need to get past this. Might be time to go back to ATG or something, because the box is starting to feel like a security blanket. We'll see. I worry when I start to depend on something.

I still feel good about today even though I didn't get everything I wanted. Progress sometimes slows.

Hope everyone has a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment