Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 4 week 22

I actually lifted a couple of days ago, but I'm just now getting to posting it. I've been down with a bad cold, so I guess now all I have is time and not much punch to train. Love the crud.

It started as a cool day, so I actually ran the heater in the rumpus room until I got a good sweat on. Didn't take too long.

Started with AtLarge Results and the Shelby mix, elbow sleeves, wrist wraps. No Spike or Surge Workout Fuel today. Loose briefs for the last three sets of squats.

I did some dynamic work and a lot of bar work to warm up before getting to it. Everything felt ok going in.

All exercises were 3 sets of 5-7 with about 180s between.

Military press, seated, regular bar, wide: 3 x 7 reps with 5 more kilos than last time. For some reason I thought constantly about dumping, which isn't good. I had no safety net this time, lifting outside the pins and seated at 80 degrees. Didn't dump and pressed all 7 reps for all three sets, but it was a tough session and I was feeling it when done. Good stuff

Elbows-out triceps extensions: 3x7 reps Used the 40 kilo skinnies doggcrapp style, up five kilos per hand. Flat bench and repped out. Got 20/27(huh?)/17 reps, ten deep breaths between sets. More reps for the last two sets than last time with more weight on the dumbs. Go figure. Burly day or something. Usually I'm flagging a little from the shoulder work, but today it worked. It'll be a tough mark to beat next time.

Squat
: 3 x 7 reps 180 kg on the SSB. Weight up ten kilos. My scar tissue in my left quad is still tender to touch and I get twinges in it at weird times, so I was a little more paranoid than usual this time. Nonetheless, even though I was thinking about bailing early, I got all 7 reps for each set. Rising with the weight was easy, actually, but I still don't want to do any more damage to my left vastus. Descending was slow and careful, and frankly pretty tough, but coming back up was easy. Probably should have used the knee sleeves and thought less about that leg.

I feel the need to work back up to some big squat weights. I need to come to some peace about the quad and start testing it -- maybe I should talk to people who've rehabbed this kind of thing before and see how they approached it. I need to move past this.

A great day, really. I felt like I'd been run over after it was done, but it was a very productive day. Now to get over this cold and back at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment