Saturday, November 20, 2010

Deadlift day, 5 rep

Raining here, which I like. Nothing I have to do outside today anyway, and the rain is a nice change. Feels more like Fall.

I've been looking forward to this day for a long time, particularly since it's been about six months since the last time I deadlifted.

Start with Results, Surge Workout Fuel, and the Shelby mix. Used loose briefs for hip support and a Spud DL belt for later sets. Used lots of chalk, lots of dynamic warm up, and some stretching afterward. Did some bar work to warm up, but not a lot.

Deadlift
200kg x 5
200kg x 5
200kg x 5

Kept it simple and light since it's been so long. Felt pretty good, actually, and the weight came up easily. Very happy.

160kg x 5 x 8

Five sets of 8 reps with less weight. All came up quickly, kept form good, no pain anywhere. Very nice.

Glute bridge
160kg x 3 x 8

Three sets of 8 reps with the bar I'd just used. These were downright brutal, I have to admit. Very tough.

Ab twists with the 50# stone, several sets. Went fine.

I rolled the 50# stone around as slowly and carefully as possible on my vastus scar. The thing still shows up with a lot of spasm at times -- sits up high and barks like a dog. It's weird. I wish I knew what to do, so I keep massaging it. Finally got fed up and rolled it with the stone. Talk about brutal, but it feels better after having done it. I may bring the stone inside (if the wife doesn't scream too loud) and do the same in the evenings when I'm being useless in front of the idiot box. We'll see how it feels in a few hours. Got to do something.

Great day, guys. Everybody hold up brother Bob in your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment