Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bench day, 5 rep

Getting after it early today. Work is just too busy to assume I'll have any time at the end of the day, any day.

Started with the Shelby mix and Results. Wore elbow sleeves and neoprene wrist wraps. Did some dynamic work for my back and a lot of bar work to warm up.

To it:

Bench, fat bar:
185kg x 5 easy
195kg x 5 still easy
210kg x 5 got 9 reps, which I think might be a rep PR

125kg x 5 x 10 these were pretty easy too, though the last set took some grit

DB snatch 30kg, skinny handles, 3 x 10 reps

These were tough, but I like them. Feel them everywhere.

Got to keep it short today -- got to get into the office and get busy acting like I know what I'm doing. Very happy with the performance today. Weight moved easily -- more easily than expected -- and I feel good afterward. No pain anywhere.

My vastus scar is still in spasm most of the day. Not sure what to do. One doc thinks it's not yet healed, which I find hard to believe. We'll see.

Have a great day, everyone. It's beautiful and cool here -- hope likewise for you. Hang tough, Bobby, and get better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment