Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Bench day

Got started late -- just lazy. Still fighting lethargy. One of my employees tested positive today for swine flu, so I wonder if maybe I haven't been fighting it for a while. Whatever the case, I finally got moving.

AtLarge Results before and Biotest Surge Workout Fuel during. Probably chocolate milk after.

Lots of chalk, ATP elbow sleeves, and neo wrist wraps. I did a fair amount of warmup prior to getting into it.

Bench:
180 kilos x 5 easy
200 kilos x 3 still pretty easy -- great setup this time
230 kilos x 1 kind of heavy

Superset:
bench: 130 kilos x 5 x 10 a breeze
db rows: 30 kilos or so x 5 x 12 too easy -- need to go up

I used a 4" PVC pipe behind my back to measure my arch and force pushing into my lats. No problem there.

There was something unfortunate going on between my ears today, as that 506 pounder was bad from the minute I lifted off. I got the lift, but I should have gotten three reps at least. I took it off thinking I was going to drop it, which just isn't good. Oh well. Next time.

Weather was lovely, I felt good -- just not a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment