Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bench day

Warm day and in a hurry to get to my boy's baseball practice (I'm an assistant coach), so I didn't warm up properly. Some day that's going to cause me a world of hurt, but not today.

Still, everything felt heavier than it should have at the start.

To it:

Bench:
180 kg x 5
190 kg x 5
200 kg x 5

120 kg x 5 sets x 10 supersetted with

Reverse rows with chains around my neck like bandoleers. Ole'.

Struggled with some lethargy, but it went well. Nothing hurt, shoulders felt great, weight went up ok, and a good pump was had by all. Then went and sweat like a pig chasing ten year olds around a ball field.

One kid told Coach, "No" when told to do something twice. I had a moment I thought I might see a child killed. I was shocked. I later told mine he'd live a longer life if he never did that. I still can't get over it. I had to pull the kid aside and point out that Coach owed him no playing time and he might just ride the bench for the rest of his natural life. Not sure if he really got it.

Kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment