Saturday, September 12, 2009

DL Day

It was supposed to be deadlift day, but I hadn't been in the gym in several days and felt guilty. So I combined DL and bench day, flogged myself fairly well, and Spiked up to make through the rest of the day.

I've been sleeping very badly this week -- not at all sure why. As a result, or in combination with other things, I've been about as lethargic as I can be and still be upright. Next week is a tough work week, so I need to get over this in a hurry.

Anyway, to the iron:

Warm-ups included foam-rolling and what not, AtLarge Results, Metal Viking briefs, APT Convict elbow sleeves, and wrist wrap security blankets.

Deadlift:
260 kilos x 3 Heavy as stink -- thought I'd bust something, saw stars, etc.
275 kilos x 3 Worse
290 kilos x 3 Oddly, not as bad, though still bad

Bench
190 kilos x 3 easy, beezy, Japaneezy
200 kilos x 3 lemon squeezy
220 kilos x 3 tough as hell. Huh? No idea why. This was a bitch.

130 kilos x 5 x 10 changed grips a few times, and all were easy

Penlay rows from a deficit with 70 kilos on the bar. These were hideously tough today for some reason (I've done twice the weight pretty easily).

I'm a slug. I think I need to back off the DL weight precipitously and take it a bit easier for a little while. I can flog with the bench and squat in the meantime.

Nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment