Saturday, September 26, 2009

Deadlift day

Not terribly hot today -- beautiful morning. Lots of fog when I got started, but it had burned off by completion.

Big deadlift day today. Not sure why, but I seem to be regressing on my DL a little bit. Not at all sure why, though it's probably between my ears. Squat is climbing, but DL gets tougher by the workout. I seem to be stuck just short of 700 pounds (682), which is frustrating. Last DL max workout I pulled four reps at 310 kilos, but today managed only one. Whatever.

To the weight:

Warmed up carefully, starting with thorough dynamic work -- foam rolling, lacrosse ball, the works. I downed some AtLarge Results and Surge WF during. Wore Metal Viking briefs for the whole workout.

DL:
265 kilos x 5 not bad
275 kilos x 3 pretty easy
310 kilos x 1 life-sucking bastard kind of hard. Saw stars and scared the neighbors yelling it up. nuts.

Superset:
170 kilo DL x 5 x 8
110 kilo Good morning on SSB real slow

Used my Spud Inc. DL belt throughout. Love that belt. Lots of grunt -- got a hideous headache now. Need food, Advil, and an ice pack on my head.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment