Saturday, August 1, 2009

Squat day

I haven't eaten enough today, but couldn't wait to squat. Aside from the obvious need, I've got too much to do this afternoon.

Hot day again, though nothing like it has been. Having a fan in the room has made a huge difference. Still, heavy valsalva has ruptured several capillaries in my eyes and my head is splitting open as I type. What a whiner.

The usual warm-up with insufficient dynamic work. I've got to get on that.

Squat:
290kilos x 3 very easy
310kg x 3 easier -- getting warm and my Ace briefs are starting to catch me at the bottom
330kg x 3 still easy. I'll get a PR this cycle. The walkout was tough for some reason, but the weight flew up.

190kg x 5 x 10 super easy.

Pendlay rows x 3 x 8 w/ 120 kilos on the bar. These were hard.
Some hammer curls and Hise shrugs.

All in all, great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment