Monday, August 10, 2009

Bench day

Good day today. Feel pretty good, nothing hurts too much, and everything's still working (as far as I can tell.) Great day.

Bench day. Never really do enough dynamic warm-up. I need to buy Robertson's Inside-Out and live it or my shoulders are going to revolt, I suspect.

Bench:
180kg x 5 First set always seems hard.
205kg x 3 Easier.
230kg x 3 Hard, no matter how you slice it. I think this is a PR for a triple.

130kg x 5 x 10 Easy until the last set -- I was getting fried by then.

Fat DB rows with 60kg. Good pump if nothing else. Took these slow.

A few sets of a few flies with some chains. Nothing too serious. Just looking to move blood around.

My low-back hurt getting off the bench every time. It's structural and I'm sure my round of golff Saturday exacerbated it. Late holes hurt over short irons and wedges -- bending over was misery after my DL day last week. So it goes. Welcome to middle-age.

I wore APT Convict sleeves throughout and wraps on heavier sets. No other support.

No comments:

Post a Comment