Thursday, August 6, 2009

Deadlift day

Warm evening here, though a nice breeze is blowing. I've started the hard week of the cycle, so some weight is moving.

Dynamic warm-up and usual warm-up sets.

DL:
245kg x 5 This hurt for some reason. Bad form, I guess.
275kg x 3 This was surprisingly easy.
310kg x 4 PR, I think. This flew up.

175kg x 5 x 5 Just getting them done.

Supersetted the last 5x5 with SSB Good Mornings with 50 kilos and a bunch of chains. These are getting better, though I'm not sure I want to do a max test.

My head is going to explode. Good sense tells me not to take Advil, but my splitting head is begging for as many as my liver and kidneys will tolerate. Wish I knew how to avoid this part.

The weight is flying up these days. Whether I'm just doing something right or 5.3.1 suits me, I'm making huge gains. I still want about 20 pounds on my frame and would like to drop some BF, but it's hardly a perfect world.

No comments:

Post a Comment