Saturday, December 28, 2013

training 12.28.2013

Gorgeous day.

Had to give up the boy until the 2nd and my wife left town with pals until the 1st, so I'm on my own.  Not very happy about that, to be honest.

Moved equipment into the back yard and worked there.  Didn't feel like going to the Cavalcade of Stupid (not to be confused with the Cavalcade of Tacky, aka Ikea).  The dogs were amused watching me schlep stuff back and forth, particularly the weight one plate at a time.

1-arm barbell row: 3 warm-up sets, 4x10
Meadows rows, 3x15 heavy heavy -- was gasping
Chest-supported row, 3x10 with a big stretch at the bottom
DB pullover, 3x10
DB shrug, 3x10 with 3s flex
Hypers with bands, 3xfailure

Hammer curls, 4x10
EZ curls, 4x6 with 3s negative
Reverse EZ curl, 3x8, 1s flex
Standing DB curl with supinated grip, 3x8

Guess I should shave.  The last week has been an absolute carb-fest, so I will cold turkey in the next few days and go back to meat and veggies strictly.  Kinda looking forward to it, though cinnamon rolls and gingerbread cake has gone down mighty easily.

Bob, glad you're back.  Milda, glad you haven't lost your mind yet.  Or have you?

Thanks for checking in.

1 comment:

  1. There are quite a few things at IKEA that aren't tacky. Like marzipan, which is sticky. Not tacky. And sold in large-ish blocks that my ridiculously lean daughter can devour in one sitting. (Really, it's quite impressive to watch.)

    I have a lot of furniture from IKEA. As you know.

    If I have lost my mind, I am blissfully unaware of it. If this is what senility is like, I think I'm going to enjoy it. And you should not be spending New Year's by yourself. Sorry that you have to. :( xox

    ReplyDelete