Wednesday, December 18, 2013

training 12.18.2013

Low on motivation, but needed it between the ears.  Assault + Athletic Greens and got to it.

Dynamic shoulder work, elbow sleeves, neoprene wrist support.

DB press, flat, 2 warm-up sets, worked up to an 8RM.  Ran the rack.

Incline barbell press, work up to a 6rm -- feeling really strong right now for some reason.

Banded bench, 4x5 with a 1s rest/pause on the chest.

Machine fly, 2xfailure -- sets of 17 and 10 (aimed for 20 each, same weight for both)

Ultra-wide overhead press, 4x10: almost nothing on the bar, hands out at the collars, touch sternum.  These are really tough.

Machine rear delt, 15/12/10/8 with the same weight each.  Maybe a little too easy this time.

Destroyer set, rear delts with DBs: 60/30/10; no matter what the weight, that set of 60 reps is just brutal.  Shoulders are jelly by the end of these, and the last ten could be soup cans for all the weight I use.

Abs, x50 on the cable; too easy this time, but I was done

Time to plan the Christmas menu, though my lovely wife hasn't told me how many I'm cooking for yet.  I can only fit about 6 or 8 in this house, so I guess it's self-limiting.  Sweet.

Baked a bunch of malted chocolate chip cookies yesterday, which could have entirely ruined my diet for the next day or so.  Wife gave them all away in a cookie exchange today, so I was spared.  Funny, I don't feel spared; I feel a little cheated.  They were awesome.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment