Monday, July 30, 2012

training 7.30.2012

Because of weekend stuff, I did the SSB squat session yesterday, which left me tired today.  Add to it that I only got about five hours of sleep last night, and I'm less pleasant to be around than usual.  Training would either be the mental health hour or a total bust.

Started the usual way and warmed up fairly deliberately.

Squat w/ belt x2@8 + -5%: reached 290kg, which still feels odd; got one fatigue set

2-count bench + chains x2@8.5 + -5%: hit 175kg + chains, got one fatigue set

Floor press x5@9 + -5%: hit 200kg and was done; got one fatigue set

Left elbow didn't like me on the floor press, which was about setup for one warmup set aggravating it.  My fault.

Squats are feeling heavy until I come out of the hole.  Setup, decent, everything feels like a ton until I start to stand up.  I get to the top, the weight bounces a little on my traps, and it feels like a ton again.
Whatever.

Body weight is fairly stable, which is good.  I let myself get way too hungry again today, which is bad.  I'll make up for it.

Wednesday I will be in Sacto all day, so training will suffer and stress will be high.  We nail this one and I might be able to retire someday.

No back spasms today.  Wife is back, had a great weekend, sleep sucked.  Hope tonight is better.

Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment