Tuesday, July 10, 2012

training 7.10.2012

Just cutting/pasting from my RTS log -- sorry.

Apparently screwed up the order of my sessions, so I improvised a little to get back on track.

Started with B-Ala+creatine.

Squat w/ belt x2@8 + 5%: reached 300kg again and again it felt heavy; hit one fatigue set at 0%

Bench + chain x2@8.5 + 5%: reached 240kg and died (I've regressed), but hit three fatigue sets at 0% -- just kept moving the work weight

Lunges x4@9 + 5%: bunch of weight, did fine, a little cramping but no big deal.  Feel okay about them, but still hate them. 

Right elbow barked a little, and my knees hate lunges with anything but slow reps and super-strict form, which doesn't allow for an RPE of 9.

Did a bunch of flys between sets in bunches of 10 using fat DBs.

Rededicated myself to the work and diet this week.  Been fairly militant about both, and I am sure I will see the results. 

I also have a GHR inbound, though not sure when it will arrive.  Rather pumped about that.

I need more volume, so I have reduced my weight jumps to work weight, taking them typically in 44 or 66 pound leaps rather than my usual 110#.  Maybe as I near work weight, I will start doing extra sets or reps.  I just feel like I need the work.

I'm also going to undergo a throwing program so that baseball doesn't kill my elbow and shoulder so much.  It really kills my pressing, so I will work more diligently on shoulder health.

Enough for now.  Off to eat a horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment