Sunday, July 15, 2012

training 7.15.2012

I realized this morning that I have somehow mixed up Mike's protocol several times in the last couple of weeks.  I did sets of things he didn't ask for in the week in which they were done.  Guess I should clean up my desk.  Sorry, Mike.

That said, I had training yet again today, and will the next two days in a row if I can make the time.

Started with B-Ala/creatine and dynamic work.  Didn't wear any protective gear this time except my Spud DL belt during the SLDLs.  Yes, the protocol for today called for SSB squats, but I did SLDLs because I squatted heavy yesterday.

DL, 2ct, x4@8.5 + -5%: hit 250kg and got one fatigue set; took long breaks between sets for external reasons

SLDL x6@9 + -5%: hit 200kg and got one fatigue set -- better than I thought I'd get

GM x4@9 + -5%: didn't get anywhere near =9, mostly to conserve for the next two days after a tough low-back day

Wife is heading home today after a weekend away in San Fran with one of her sisters.  It'll be nice to have her back, as the world is not quite right when she's gone.  The boy is in Boston with cousins, so I've been a bachelor all weekend.  Recovered smartly from the bourbon excesses on Friday, and have gotten a lot done.  That I value greatly -- to look back and see something accomplished.

Again, diet is back on track.  At least with working out daily I can backload constantly, which is lovely.  Fat is dropping; now to get the lean mass up.  I'd like to gain some appreciable weight this year without getting lardy.  We'll see, but I'm definitely rededicated to it.  Just hope to avoid injury.

Thanks for checking in.  Everyone have a great week.  I will try to check in while on the road, assuming I can find a gym to frequent.


Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment