Saturday, July 14, 2012

training 7.13.2012

Hot and humid today, at least for SD.  H&H for here is a cold snap for most.

Went to a bourbon tasting last night and drank too much, ate too little, and stayed out way too late, so today was likely to be bad.  Didn't turn out that way.  Started with B-Ala/caffeine/creatine and half a Spike.

Wore elbow and knee sleeves and put on loose briefs when the squats got heavy.

Comp bench x2@8 + -5%: hit 250kg and got one fatigue set; after, dropped to 50% and did AMRAP, which wasn't many

Pin squat + chain x2@8.5 + -5%: used reverse bands (strong+ave= -30# at top and maybe -200+ at bottom) and reached 900# (more than 8.5 -- all I had), got one fatigue set, dropped 50% and did box squats AMRAP


Incline x5@9 + -5%: reached 175kg and took a dump; actually, I reached 165 and hit ten reps, added 22# and was done with five.  Go figure.  Think I was toasted from the bench and extra reps at 165, so might have gotten more.

Feel very good about today, despite the fact that I must smell like walking sour mash.  I'm way too old to be doing that to myself -- can't tell you how many years it's been since I was even remotely hanging, but I was hanging this morning.  Feel a lot better now, having sweat like a pig and kicked my own butt sideways.

I've lost some weight in the last few weeks and yet have been feeling fat.  Got back to strict carb backloading, limiting carbs on non-training days to 30g for the day.  It's been hard -- I've been craving things badly, which tells me I fell off the wagon pretty hard.  Been strict the last days and feel much, much better, and the weight is running off.  Time to eat more, particularly on training days.  Strict.  It's so hard for me to put on lean mass, I can't afford to do this again.  I don't feel weak at the moment, but I feel small -- I will make training brutal for a while until I either start feeling beaten up or bigger.  Whichever comes first.

Traveling for business this week Wed through Friday, so sessions will be spread out.  Will train tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday more than likely.  Going to be a very stressful week, and lots of business dinners.

Have a great day, and thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment