Sunday, July 22, 2012

training 7.22.2012

Went ahead with Day 1 this week a day early.  Taking the boy to Batman tomorrow after work.

Wore elbow sleeves and Spud velcro wrist wraps.  Used the usual B-Ala/creatine business and downed a bunch of Nitrean+ with whole milk after.  Can't tell you how much I love the new vanilla -- taste is awesome, like dessert.  Love it.  Have some coffee flavor and strawberries and cream inbound.  Will report.

No dynamic work today.  Brain isn't working.

Comp bench  x4@8.5 + -6%: reached 240kg and was cooked -- more like a 9; got three fatigue sets

Bench + chain x4@8.5 + -6%: used a pair of average 12" bands = about 30# at the bottom and a half ton at the top; reached 175kg and died

Elbows out ext x6@9 + -6%: worked up to the 200# stone and had had enough

Wish I had a cable tower for pushdowns.  Elbows and shoulders felt fine so long as I set up tight.

Stretching out the sleeves of my bench shirt -- arms have grown too much to get in it anymore -- to see what I can do in single ply.  Should be fun (after I find the groove again).  Will report when the time comes.

Diet is going well.  Put on a few pounds again, nice and slow.  Keeping an eye on it and how much I jiggle, if at all.  Not much to jiggle right now, and expect to lose some more while I hopefully gain lean mass.

Wife is out of town again.  This is getting old.  My business trip went very well this past week, though.

Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment