Saturday, August 27, 2011

Training 8.27

Gorgeous morning on the left coast. Warm, a little humid, and very nice.

In case it wasn't obvious, I've returned to a rudimentary Westside program to get used to weight again, after which (a few weeks?) I will likely return to a 5/3/1 program. Just want to get used to reps and heavy weight again, particularly now that joints and limbs are on the whole returning to healthy. The right shoulder still aches at odd times, but I'm babying it. The left knee has a twinge every once in a while, but it's ok. It wouldn't surprise me to find out I had minor tears in both, particularly that knee. I suspect I have a meniscus flap that sticks up every once in a while.

Started with Results and SWF, the latter of which I spilled halfway through all over my patio table outside the rumpus room. Not happy about that. At least it was outside and I could hose it down, but felt like a 4-year-old.

Lots of dynamic lower body work and the commensurate bar work.

Box squat: 10 sets of 2 with 220kg on the bar. Used knee sleeves and a belt for the work sets. Came up quick.

Deadlift: 10 sets of 1 rep with only 165kg on the bar. These were way too easy (which was nice) but it's been way too long since I DL'd to start off cranking. So I concentrated on form and any sticking points. Historically if I can get it off the floor, it's done, so I don't expect any sticking points. Just cranked them out.

Reverse hypers: I don't have one, so I have to make do. I used an elevated bench and wrapped chains around my ankles. Did 3 sets of 10 and felt them.

Side bends with DBs: 3x10 Used skinny DBs that were already loaded and just did the sets.

Hanging leg raises: My left hip flexor still hates me ever since legging out a single several months ago. Not sure what the deal is, but it hurts to raise my leg to put on pants. Probably just needs time, because I don't appear to have avulsed or torn anything. Whatever. Did 3 painful sets of 10. Ab strength has never been my problem.

I'm still sweating profusely, but I feel good. Interviewing is going ok -- rocked a couple hard, was so-so on the next. Got another with the same company on Monday, so we'll see.

Have a great day and get something useful done, even if it's only useful for you.

mojo

No comments:

Post a Comment