Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Training 8.16

Gorgeous, though hazy day here.

Started with Result, some maltodextrin and protein, and way too little dynamic work.

Wore loose briefs, neoprene wrist wraps, and elbow sleeves for the upper work.

Bench Press:

Worked up to training weight, hit one of five intended sets, put on my loose OverKill shirt, put on another bunch of weight (200kg on the bar, so about 220), and did a fairly easy triple. My right shoulder wasn't happy afterward, but wasn't bitching out loud either. Dropped back down to training weight and did four more sets of triples. The heavy triple was tough, but okay; the rest were fine and not too hard. I just felt like I wanted to feel some weight, and the OK is a shirt I can take on and off by myself. Felt weird, it's been so long.

Bat wings: 5 x 10s

1-arm press: 2/3/5 x 3 sets, starting with the left hand. Heavy DB, was too easy. I'll go up next time.

Complex: row, high row, military press, front squat, curl; 3 sets of 2 reps each movement without putting the bar down. Right shoulder was bitching out loud by the time I was done -- didn't like something in my military form. Otherwise, these were a lot easier than I expected.

Squats:
Built up to 200kg in 10% leaps in sets of 10 reps; did a set of 20 once I got to 205kg. Again, easy.

I'm going to look ahead in the plan. After so many weeks of this being horribly difficult, the last two sessions have been downright easy. I don't like feeling as though I might be getting soft. So I will either adjust the plan to get tougher, add assistance work on an off day, or will switch back to 5/3/1 or Westside. We'll see.

I still desperately want a GHR, but I can't spend a dime right now. No movement on the job front yet, in case anyone wondered. But I practice nightly saying, "would you like fries with that?"

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment