Monday, August 22, 2011

Training 8.22

Slightly overcast this morning, which serves to keep it a little cooler. Nice day.

Started with Results and SWF, as well as a slathering of Biofreeze gel on my hips and lower back. Had a rough time getting up this morning for some reason, and I'm all about low-back prophylaxis when possible.

Wore knee sleeves and loose briefs.

Did a lot of dynamic work on the hips and back. My recent aches and pains have awakened a need to try to hold the old bod together before I really screw something up.

Close stance box squats: worked to a 5-rep max just for a starting point. Used a box that was about 2" below parallel, stayed strict and slow, and kept the knees close. Included a pause at the box to deload the hips entirely before coming up. I love these.

Left knee expressed sharp displeasure on the way down, but not up. Rather sharp, internal pain on the outer medial aspect. Not good, but I'm not going to worry about it now.

Hip thrusters: used an obscene amount of weight in the lap and did one set to exhaustion. Yeah, probably shouldn't have, but did. Think I got 30 reps before my butt decided that was enough. Getting into position is not easy with that much weight, but I got it done.

DB Lunges: 3/10 each leg. Only used 40# skinny DBs due to my knee chirping, and it didn't like these either, regardless of which leg was forward. My hips are strong enough that this wasn't nearly enough, though my glutes were barking.

45 degree back raises: 3x15 with some weight. Just got them done.

Weighted sit ups: I've always had very strong abs, so I don't worry a lot about the weight or numbers. I had a plate behind my head and cranked them out with anchored feet, no jerking.

All in all, pretty smooth. I may wrap that left knee next time. We'll see.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment