Friday, August 19, 2011

Training 8.19

Started with Results, Surge Workout Fuel, and a headache.

Did some bar work to warm up, used elbow sleeves and my APT neoprene wrist wraps.

Dynamic bench:
8 sets of 3 reps, varying the grip between 16", 26", and 32" (all the way to the stops) with 60% of my two-rep max. For reference, that's index at the inside smooth, pinky on the ring, pinky at the collar, for width. I did wide first and moved to narrow, strictly because it's easier to adjust when the bar is getting higher each rep than lower. If that doesn't make sense, ask (assuming you care).

4-board Bench Press:
Started at 60% and went up to 90% in 3 sets of 3 reps. Last jump was 20%, roughly.

DB Bench Press:
Started light and stopped after the second set with 80# fat DBs. My right shoulder was rather unhappy with full ROM, so I decided to can it.

Kroc rows:
Used the 80# fat DBs and pulled 3 sets of 10

Triceps extensions: used a slight lighter DB and pressed from prone.

All in all, a good session. Nice to be pumped afterward, but my head is killing me. Sorry I'm not even remotely charming.

Got an interview Tuesday, which is good.

Maybe more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment