Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Training 8.24

Beautiful, warm day here. The rumpus room was hot.

Started with Results and SWF. Wore elbow sleeves and neoprene wrist supports. Warmed up a lot with the bar.

2 Board Bench: worked up to a 5-rep max, though stopped with another small jump in the tank. Between this being the first 2-board 5-rep max of this cycle and the fact that my right shoulder is very unhappy with me, I felt it prudent. I pressed a lot of weight but will pay for it later.

Pull-ups: shoulder width, prone grip, weighted. Been a long time, so I ripped off a set to exhaustion (without warm-up, unfortunately) of 20 and did four more sets of 10. Don't remember how much weight was on the belt.

3-way shoulder raises: 20 reps front, 20 reps side, 20 reps posterior= 1 set. Did 3 sets. These were brutal.

Dumbell triceps extensions: 3 sets of 10 reps with a 50kg plate. Didn't finish the last set -- was pretty gassed after the 2-board.

My glutes are terribly sore from two days ago, and several things will be sore from today. I like it. I need for the right shoulder to heal, though.

I've gotten to the second stage of interviewing for a job back in the corporate world (vs. non-profit). We'll see.

Hope all have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment