Monday, January 17, 2011

Military press, 3 rep, smolov week 2 day 2

Gorgeous, hot day here. Yeah, I know, but I pay a huge sunshine tax to be hear. And honestly, I wouldn't mind leaving anymore; I used to think I'd be here forever, but things have changed.

I went into today expecting death slathered on a pain biscuit. Didn't quite turn out that way.

I started with the usual elixirs, a lot of dynamic work, and some bar work. I wore elbow sleeves for the military press with neoprene wrist supports. I wore loose briefs and knee sleeves for the squatting. For the chins I wore sweat.

Military Press
130kg x 3 too easy
140kg x 3 still too easy
150kg x 3 still way too easy

Gotta go up, apparently. Military press intimidates the crap out of me with my balky right shoulder, but we had none of that today. Depth was below the chin, kept everything smooth and relatively slow. No pain anywhere.

Chins The usual with chains, four sets with everything. Did the last two hanging from a 2" rope for grip, which was good.

Squat 275kg , 5 sets of 7 reps

The last set I wandered a little -- think my setup was lacking and I stupidly muscled it out. Thankfully, no problems. Had a few twinges in the left quad, but nothing bad. Left knee now hurts a little, but some ice will likely fix it. Nothing bad. The weight went up pretty easily and smoothly today.

Great day. Gonna go make a huge lasagna and eat brownies while it cooks. Gotta love it.

Stay strong, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment