Friday, January 28, 2011

Bench day, 3 rep + smolov day 4

Long, hard week. Work's been tough and is going to get tougher until May, honestly. I need to find a better way to make time for training, because this three times a week way far apart is limiting progress. Has to be.

Started with Results and MGPM. Did some dynamic work and some bar work -- honestly, I just wanted to get to it.

I wore loose briefs for squats and elbow sleeves for bench.

I blew a good 30 minutes setting up and getting used to the Free Spotter at the beginning.

Bench

200kg x 3 felt heavy
210kg x 3 felt much easier
230kg x 3 not bad at all

I didn't rep out -- saved it for next time. But I felt like I had several in the tank.

Did a bunch of sets of DB snatch with some weight. Who cares?

Squat
310kg 10 sets of 3 reps

These were not bad at all. Honestly, without having to walk the thing out, they were fairly easy. I could tell a huge difference in effort between reps that were set up carefully and well and those that weren't -- real eye opener. Maybe I've always adjusted while walking out. Getting used to squeezing the lever before lifting wasn't hard at all. I love this gadget.

After my sets I put on my Ace Squatter over my briefs and tried a rep with the straps down and one with straps up. Straps down felt great, but straps up felt like it was trying to pull me backward. I'll have to get used to it again if I'm gonna compete this year, so I may start throwing it on more. Sucker's tight, so getting it off after pumping a little was tough.

Quiet night with the wife after she's been gone for a week. Of course, it's almost 7 and she's still not home -- gotta love a workaholic wife.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. If you get a chance, can you post a couple of pictures of the free spotter setup. You can post them in your twitter feed if it's easier. I'm following you on there as well.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, happy to. I'll try to get to it today.

    ReplyDelete