Saturday, January 8, 2011

Deadlift day, 5 rep + smolov day 3

Warm, overcast day today. The boy had his last Little League tryout, which is a bit of a formality but it meant I stood around for several hours. On top of that, it's a day to DL and squat, and I have to admit I entered into it with trepidation.

I started with MGPM, Shelby mix, and Results (not in that order). I wore loose briefs and knee sleeves for the whole session.

I pulled a fair amount for warm up and got to it:

Deadlift
200kg x 5 pretty easy
220kg x 5 still easy
240kg x 5 still easy

I realized later that I had read my log incorrectly and used lighter weight than intended. That's fine with me because of what followed.

Squat
7 sets of 5 reps with 265kg

Honestly, not bad. All were to below parallel. Used a leather EFS belt after warm up. Felt good.

DL and a tough squat day in one session made me nervous. I'm gonna eat a horse and massage my scar for the afternoon watching Seattle beat NO. Wouldn't that be fun?

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment