Sunday, January 23, 2011

Deadlift day, 3 rep + smolov day 3

Finally got under the bar. Been a busy weekend, and this week will be tough. In the meantime, I knew a DL day with a second-half smolov day in it was sure to be brutal.

Started with Results and wore loose briefs, knee sleeves, and belts. I wore my Spud DL belt for the DLs and my EliteFTS leather belt for squats.

Did some dynamic work and some bar work -- not a lot of either. I had the heater on to start to get a pig sweat going. It worked.

DL
260kg x 3 went up fine
280kg x 3 felt very heavy
300kg x 3 went up pretty easily -- go figure

No idea why, but my setup for the last must have been better. It was much easier than the second set.

Squat
7 sets of 5 reps at last week + 10%

Felt really good. Sucked wind badly, but the weight went up fine. I had a couple of wobbly reps that I had to slow down and settle before I started shooting vertebrae across the room, but it was fine.

I did sets of one-arm dumbbell snatches with 30kg between squat sets. Not hard, but more wind sucking.

It's Sunday night, the Steelers are up, and I'll likely have to fire an employee this week. All in a day's work.

Have a great week, all. Take of yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment