Saturday, December 4, 2010

Deadlift day, 3 rep

I actually trained two days ago, but my internet access at home has been down for two days. For the record, I hate Time/Warner with a passion, but have no choice (except AT&T, which might be the lesser of two evils at this point.) Just getting around to posting.

Body fat has been dropping pretty seriously. Between work stress, training, eating less (I know, I know, but time at the office has made it tough to stick with the eating program), and other stuff, I've lost a fair amount of fat. Body weight has stayed pretty much the same, but BF has dropped like a rock. I'm ok with that, though I might need to eat more ice cream and cheesecake. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Started with the usual Results and Shelby mix. Did a lot of dynamic work, some bar work, wore loose (really loose at this point) briefs for hips, and a Spud DL belt for the hardest sets to keep my briefs from falling down. Nothing else but chalk.

Lots of warmup sets.

Deadlift
240kg x 3 went up easily
265kg x 3 not bad
285kg x 3 ok
175kg x 5 x 8 Easy enough, but boring

I did Kroc rows with 40-something kilos on the skinny handles and didn't bother to count. I did three sets until I had almost nothing in the tank each set, so obviously each set had fewer than the set before. Maybe I should count, but I got lost in my tunes and tried not to think.

Decent day -- moved weight and reminded myself that DL is pretty hard. My 5/3/1 day next time is gonna hurt. I will say, though, that the weight came off the floor quickly, which is historically my sticking point. I felt good about that.

Bench day today and squat tomorrow. Oorah. Someday I'll post vids and tell you about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment