Sunday, December 26, 2010

Deadlift day, 5/3/1 rep

Gorgeous day here finally. Lots and lots of rain this week, which for some bizarre reason totally stupefies San Diegans. They totally forget whatever little bit they knew about driving. I mean, seriously, on the first 12 hours of rain there were 260 accidents in the county. Terrific.

Started with Results and MG's Powdered Muscle, which tastes like expensive protein with powdered oats in it. Tastes a lot like my old blender shakes when I'd put a couple of cups of whirred oats in them -- drinkable oatmeal.

Wore loose briefs, Spud DL belt, neoprene wraps for the chins.

Anyway, did a bit of foam rolling with the knobby roller, dynamic work, and some bar work.

Deadlift
240kg x 5 not bad
275kg x 3 easier
310kg x 1 got two reps, but it sucked

The last two came off the floor pretty easily to about two inches -- you know, just after the bar relief ends, all the bend you're gonna get is bent, and the floor friction is gone. The next ten inches were tough but steady. Still no bad sticking points. Just hard.

Kroc rows, 10 reps each, skinny dumbbells, alternating hands, 50 kilos (I think), 3 sets

supersetted with

Chains/chins, every chain I have (200-something pounds), supine grip, sets of 5 reps, as many as I could get

Good day. I'm pretty blasted and have company coming tonight, but I'm just gonna feed them leftovers -- I've been cooking for the last three days solid. Enough is enough. Love me or go to Wendy's.

Hard work today. Hope yours is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment