Thursday, December 30, 2010

Bench, 5/3/1 rep

Gorgeous day. Got the day off, lots of time to train, and maybe even gets some things done if I feel like it. Might just take a nap.

Started with the Shelby mix, Results, and MGs Powdered Muscle. I'm starting to like the stuff, though, like most supps, I can't tell if it's doing anything useful. Most supplements I take I can't tell they're doing anything at all until I run out. AtLarge ETS is like that -- can't tell it's helping until I'm out, and then I'm bumming. The stuff clearly rocks. Wish it weren't so expensive. I suppose it's time I loaded up on it since my shoulder's been unhappy lately.

Wore neoprene wrist support and no other support.

Anyway, did a little dynamic warmup including hand switches using a medicine ball (pretty tough, actually) and a lot of bar work. Lots. Seriously paranoid about the shoulder, if you haven't picked that up lately.

Got to it:

Bench:

185kg x 5 easy
210kg x 3 still easy
235kg x 1 got 5 reps, probably had another, but not likely more than that

I felt the shoulder, but it didn't feel like anything bad happened. Moving on...

DB snatch
lots with the 60# skinny handle DBs

supersetted with

Band presses
lots, trying to be nice to the shoulder

Frankly, these hurt my shoulder more than the bench. Made a few adjustments to try to at least get some accessory something in, but not sure how successful I was. I feel them in my chest an hour later, so maybe I got something done.

Could have pushed harder today, but didn't for obvious reasons. I'm still happy with the bench progress. Thinking about getting a loose Titan F6 (or something) shirt for shoulder support, but it'd have to be something I can get on and off relatively easily since I'm usually alone. Honestly, I just want something to hold my shoulders together like briefs hold my hips together. Getting too old to take a lot of chances, and I have no desire to be doing a jillion reps. Any advice is welcome.

Have a great day. Take care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment