Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 4 week 13

I owe Shelby money. Better pay up. Funny what you think of and when.

Shelby and I have gone back to tinkering. I've joined the ranks of genetic/metabolic freaks in his customer list. We're raising the calories yet again, adding more fats now. I'm getting less and less clean in my carb sources, rapidly moving toward eating whatever I feel like (within some sort of perverse reason) from which I can still derive the appropriate totals. And yet I never gain more than a pound a week. It would be funny if it weren't so frustrating. A bowl of cut up bananas with ice cream and chocolate sauce has become an evening friend. Maybe I should pour some stout over it...

Started with AtLarge Results and the Shelby mix, elbow sleeves, wrist wraps, eventually knee sleeves. I wore Ace briefs for the squatting. These are starting to get tight in the thighs, adding credibility to my claim of recomposition rather than lard. Still lots of room in the belly, and I can see abs still.

I Spiked again. I love the rush, particularly coupled with a good snort of Tork. Makes me want to break something.

A fair amount of dynamic work and a lot of bar work to warm up before getting to it.

All exercises were 3 sets of 5-7 with about 180s between.

Military press, seated, fat bar: 3 x 7 reps with last week's weight. I raised the seat to 90 degrees, maybe ten degrees more upright than usual. My right shoulder bitched for the warm-up and first set, but the rest went fine. Quite fine, really. I added weight after what I intended to be my first set and did an extra set, so four at comp weight. The last set was five reps and a soul-sucking bitch, which is what I'd asked for.

Seated french press: 3x7. I lost my mind and did bicep work instead. Just occurred to me that I spaced on doing what I intended to do. Oh well. Great biceps workout and pump, and did my extreme stretches afterward. Great work, felt great about it, now feel like an idiot. I need a training partner.

Squat
: 3 x 7 x 340 kg. Weight was up. I videotaped my warm-ups and they were butt ugly. I mean ugly. I could tell my groove was off but couldn't feel what the deal was, so I taped. Ugh. Depth sucked horribly, though knees were good. The whole warm-up set looked like some sort of perverse 700# good mornings, stopping at three-quarter depth and bending over. This yielded a couple of things:

- no one will ever see those warm-up vids
- my workout sets were much, much better
- I need to return to box squats for a little while, apparently

I added weight and put on a reverse old-style green strong band and concentrated on sitting back and down. I felt really good about them after all was said and done. Between being pissed at my crap form and the underlying message that my squats have been less productive than possible for who knows how long, I pounded out some great reps by the end. I'll see if I can't get the vids of the good ones up today.

Wife is a little under the weather today and the boy has a full day of stuff, so we'll see when I get everything done. In the meantime, had an awesome training session with my hot wife sunning mostly nekkid right outside the rumpus room. Lucky I didn't hurt myself.

Everyone have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment