Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 2 week 14

Hot as stink today, though the day is lovely. I'm the space heater. Sweating like a pig even though the fan was on and I trained without shirt. Still hot.

Body weight stayed put this week because of crap going on. I just didn't eat like I was supposed to. Shelby's off at Juniors, so I've got a few days to gorge and put on one or two. I hope.

Spiked and ready, baby. Did the usual Results and Shelby mix.

Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps for the upper work and loose briefs for the lower. Warmed up with dynamic work and bar weight before each.

All exercises were 3 sets of 8-10 with 180s rest between, all to positive failure.

Shoulder work: 3 sets of 10 reps with 35#. Held each rep at the top and worked to avoid swinging at the bottom. Shoulders felt pretty darn good. Pleased by this.

JM Press with the fat bar: 110 kilos x 2 x 10, raised the weight 5 kilos per side and did one more set of 10. Felt solid, hit the triceps hard. Elbows were great, no stress elsewhere. Pleased by this too.

SSB box squat to parallel: 3 x 10. Set up a squat box at parallel, put 220 kilos on the SSB and pounded. Felt fantastic and sucked serious wind. Worked out some anger today too. Really pounded my quads, which I needed. By the time I was done, my loose briefs were pretty tight. Love that.

Been a tough week by any assessment. I'd say I'm getting too old for this, but honestly I'm only now getting to the point that I can handle it. Though bittersweet, I have no regrets -- can't say that about too much of my life, really. This next week is going to be absolutely brutal, so my training will be equally so. At this point, it's my primary ticket to mental health.

Hope Bob does great at his SM comp and everyone has a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment