Monday, February 13, 2012

training week 7 day 1 2.13.2012

Ready for Valentines Day tomorrow?  Supporting the Hallmark Holiday?  You better, or your name is 'mud'.  Better yet, go spend a $2 bill at Starbucks tomorrow.

Tired today.  Haven't been sleeping well, been having shaking chills at night until I sweat the bed sheets through, and been worrying about a few things.  Such is life.

Warmed up with a little dynamic work and some bar work and got to it.

Squat, sets of 2 reps to RPE=9 plus a 95% set: ran out of gas 22 pounds short of my max two weeks ago.  Feel very good about that.  Had a little instability in my torso if I didn't manage my breathing very carefully, but not sure I need to do anything more than slow down a little.

Comp bench raw, sets of 2 reps to RPE=9 plus AMRAP @ 77%: I always estimate what I'll get before I begin, and I beat that by 11 pounds.  I still feel like I'm leaving something undone, though, because despite my gains my bench still feels a little weak.

DL from a 2" deficit, sets of 4 to 9 plus 95%: got it done, fell 22 pounds short of estimate, but don't care.  My squats were more than solid, and I feel good about the total session.

120 seconds rest between all sets today, as per usual.  I always forget to mention that.

Last week at my current gig before moving on.  First week in the new gig will be in Vegas, so training next week will be sparse.  We'll see what happens.

Have a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment