Sunday, February 12, 2012

training 2.11.2012 week 6 end

More of a maintenance day today than heavy effort.  Reason is that I will be on the road next week and likely unable to train.  As much as that sucks, it means that I will have to work my ass off this week and use next week as a recovery handful of days.

Big Mike asked for results and my numbers were gaudy -- so much that it was a bit embarrassing, as it would suggest that I have been a grade-A pussboy for a while.  Though I know this not to be the case, it does suggest that I respond better to what Mike has me doing than I do to 5/3/1.  One could easily argue that I wasn't doing 5/3/1 correctly, and I can't really argue against it.  I think 5/3/1 just gave me the opportunity to do less volume and less work and still make incremental gains.  Mike has given me volume and near-max effort, and I seem to respond better to it.

Anyway, it's been a tough week and this next one will be no different. 

DL, sets of 3 to RPE=9 plus a 95% set: Down a few pounds

Half-board press, sets of 1 to RPE=9 plus a set of 95%: down a bunch

Pin squat, same scenario as the half-bd: down a few

Tough week and I barely ate at all yesterday.  Yeah, excuses.  Tomorrow will be a balls-out session, so I will eat several largish farm animals tonight and do better tomorrow.

Sorry, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment